Pages

Thursday, November 1, 2012

Craigs List Scams


This may not be a money making opportunity but it will definitely save you money!  
Here is a popular Craigs List Scam.  I've seen this scam a lot even when I have been looking for something specific.  For example about a year ago I was looking for a Skid loader.  I went to several different cities because I was willing to travel for a good price to pick up the machine.  There was a picture of a very nice skid loader listed for $2,500.00. The only way to contact the owner was the email CL gives you.  That was an extremely good price for the machine since it should have been $25,000.00. I sent an email & said I was interested in buying the machine.  Of course they responded & wanted me to send them money via western union & they would ship me the machine.  I said I would drive to pick it up,  & of course they said they were out of the country in the military & the machine was in a ware house of course 1500 miles from where I live waiting to be shipped out when they call to let the ware house manager know where to ship it to.  This of course was all BS!!  I asked why are they selling it so cheap?  They said because they were desperate for money to make a house payment before they lost their house.  I have seen this exact scam with several different items.  They have an answer for everything.  CL warns on their site about scams & not to send money western union or money grams of any sort.  But obviously this scam is still working or people wouldn't still be posting this.  Come on people, how many times do you have to be TOLD!! "IF SOUNDS TOO GOOD TO BE TRUE,"  well you know the rest right!  So let us know about any other types of scams you have heard about, or maybe been victim of.





No comments:

Post a Comment